Tuesday, March 19, 2019

U.S. History

We discussed Iron Jawed Angels, adding a few facts from my notes onto new note pages the students set up entitled "Women's Suffrage Movement: Fact checking I.J.A."  I provided a timeline printout and we went through the underlined high points aloud together.  Students then added more to their new note page about the documentary How We Got The Vote some context info about the film from me, fact check info about the I.J.A. characters when comparing that sheet to a new handout with images of the actual people, and then notes also of any new info (not already in IJA or on the timeline) while viewing the first few minutes of How We Got The Vote.  (A transcript handout was provided to aid students in understanding more clearly the interviews with 90-year-old Mabel Vernon and 92-year-old Alice Paul.)  We will continue with the documentary and note-taking tomorrow.