Friday, August 25, 2017

World History

Our first holiday poster went up (Onam) and I shared that there will be a wide variety of posters up throughout the year as one simple, interesting way to start to get a lens on world cultures and practices.  I had students submit to me 1/2-sheets of paper on which they listed the holidays important to them to be sure I've got them covered with my poster collection (or to see if there are any new ones I need to make).  Students received their Google Classroom code and I walked them through briefly what they can find where. The most important thing to know -- the "stream" is simply where I will post materials used in class and does not provide all a person will need to know if absent...for Make-up Work, go to the "About" section and find the link named "Make-up Work."  A handout of classroom rules and recommended supplies was provided.  A packet about "Grading" was distributed, read aloud, and discussed.  A packet of information for the parents was distributed and students are asked to bring back the paper with parent/guardian signatures on both sides for Monday.  We then continued our work from yesterday in our groups for "Your Voice Matters" -- to be continued in class on Monday.