Monday, November 21, 2016

U.S. History

We continued our listening analysis of "Hamilton" -- through ACT II, song #15.  So, we'll finish the last 8 songs tomorrow and begin the follow-up contextual analysis with scholar's articles and interviews.  I did, after another round of prudent reflection and research, find an edited-for-the-classroom CD set of "Hamilton." While that doesn't change what I have access to for finishing up this year's listening, I want to clarify, again, that the periodic bits of crude language, while used for artistic expression, are edgier than what I'd normally allow in classroom resources. I realize the original is being used widely at the high school level and modern music has genres with far more rough language, but, as an old teacher lady, I like to be careful with classroom materials. ; )