Tuesday, May 17, 2016

U.S. History

We finished our screening and note-taking (observations) of the 1950s video on parenting teens, and then we discussed it together.  I shared a few quit notes on Rock 'n' Roll music and we viewed and discussed a video of Elvis performing "Hound Dog."   I distributed a slideshow packet about 1950s domestic life and gender issues, which we then discussed.  Pause, then, to add bullet-point answers to our E.Q. based on the topics and materials we've covered so far.  We then went through a slideshow about gender inequity; email me and I'll Google share the slideshow with you; it includes a 4-minute video clip on one of the slides.  (You'll need to visit with a reliable classmate, also, to get the notes discussed orally for the last slide.)  Finally, today, I distributed a basic timeline of the Civil Rights Movement for the students to read -- highlight the 3-5 items you find the most interesting and/or important.